2016-17 KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT PRACTICUM AT CHARLES ARIS INC.
Charles Aris Inc. is a Greensboro-based executive search firm now in its 47th year of delivering highly qualified, available and interested candidates to elite organizations around the world. Its dedicated recruiting and research professionals use the company’s proprietary 14-Step Priority Search Process to produce superior results for corporate clients on a daily basis.
UNCG’s Department of Library & Information Studies has partnered with Charles Aris Inc. to provide a practicum in which MLIS students earn hands-on experience and academic credit for the 2016 summer sessions, 2016 fall semester or 2017 spring semester. The practicum provides an opportunity for students to conduct real-time research using professional online recruiting tools in a fast-paced business environ focused on pairing senior-level talent with corporate clients including Fortune 500 firms in 44 states and 13 countries.
The K.M. Experience
Resourceful students join the firm’s Knowledge Management team for a semester, gaining direct experience and developing proficiency in business research and database management while earning academic credit toward their degree.
Like the firm’s full-time researchers, UNCG’s MLIS students:
- use cutting-edge online tools to conduct industry, client and candidate research in support of an expert team of researchers, practice leaders and associate recruiters
- contribute to the planning, designing and development of the firm’s next intranet site
- learn about every major aspect of the Staffing & Recruiting industry in general and Charles Aris Inc. in particular, gaining valuable training and insights along the way
- Academic progress toward an MLIS degree in UNCG’s School of Education is required
- Related coursework, either in progress or completed, is strongly encouraged
Internships are coordinated by senior director of knowledge management Brian Styers (336-217-9103; firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional student support is provided by senior researcher and 2010 MLIS alumnus Ben Wolf (336-217-9138; email@example.com); senior researcher and 2012 MLIS alumnus Lauren Poteat (336-217-9144; firstname.lastname@example.org); and marketer / researcher and 2013 MLIS alumnus Rachel Stas (336-217-9135; email@example.com).
How to apply
If interested, please see or contact Dr. Nora Bird (336-252-4751; firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact Brian Styers directly.